I was attempting potty training with James the last few weeks, and it wasn’t pretty. I confined myself to the house for several weeks as I was trying the bare bottom method. Needless to say, we’re taking a short break so Mommy can chill out for a while because I was getting way too stressed out and felt like the walls were closing in on me! I really didn’t leave his side unless he was sleeping and it was exhausting in every way possible. There were some improvements made, but we hit a plateau and I needed to just take it easy a while before we try again!
Giveaway: 10 Free Blockbuster Express Codes! September 21, 2011
It’s been a while since I had a giveaway, so it’s time for another one! I am giving away 10 promo codes for Blockbuster Express. This is a comment giveaway, leave a comment stating at least one of the following. If you already like me or subscribe to the blog, you can leave comments for both.
1. Like me on Facebook and leave a comment telling me so.
2. Subscribe to the blog and leave a comment telling me so.
3. Refer a friend to subscribe to the blog or like me on Facebook and leave a comment telling me so.
Giveaway ends this Sunday, the 25th at 9pm CST. I’ll notify the winner who has 48 hours to respond or I will pick a new winner.
Back in Business! July 28, 2011
It’s good to be back! I am visiting family in Houston and had really slow internet for a few days, it was a hassle just to log on to Facebook. Now I’m staying at my Mom’s and will be able to post deals. I will be here until Monday morning, so I appreciate you all your patience. Feel free to share deals you find with others on here or the Facebook page!
Kids eat FREE tonight at Chili’s! May 24, 2011
Need an excuse not to cook dinner tonight? Kids eat FREE (up to 2 kids meals per adult entree purchased) today at Chili’s! Go here to print your coupon!
Gone for the weekend… May 20, 2011
I’m headed to Lake Texoma, so I won’t be updating while I’m gone! Have a great weekend!
Welcome to my blog! May 19, 2011
Welcome! I’m Whitney Morrow, and I’m really excited you found me! I have decided to finally start a blog so all my friends can find my tips and tricks in one spot. Couponing has done so much for our family, I am very happy to be able to share it with all of you. Coupons are a hot topic right now, thanks to the new TLC show, “Extreme Couponing”, where people are getting hundreds of dollars worth of products for next to nothing. On that note, let me share a few of my observations from that show:
1. These shopping trips you see are not the average shopping trip, even for extreme couponers like myself. Most of those trips took hours upon hours to plan, special permission from the stores, etc.
2. These trips are not realistic, you cannot ‘save’ that much money every time you go the store. On a side note, I want to say you will not see me saying how much money I saved on something. The people on the show tell how they have saved $60,000 (or whatever number) in the few years they have been couponing, but that’s technically not true.
For example, many of my friends know I have gotten a lot of free cat food over the months I’ve been couponing. This is not a product I would normally buy, we don’t even have cats! Therefore, I don’t see it as saving myself any money. Besides, the way I see it, if you spend $5 on $100 worth of groceries, you didn’t save $95, you spent $5. Make sense? Other people see it differently, but that’s just the way I see it.
3. Many of these shopping trips occur in areas with stores that double coupons up to and including a dollar. That means if you purchase an item that is $2.00 and you have a $1 coupon, that coupon will double up to $2 and make that item free. As far as I know, nowhere in my area (Dallas, Texas) doubles anything past 50 cents. Some of you may live in areas that don’t double any coupons. Don’t be discouraged! There are plenty of ways to still get amazing deals!
Over the next week I will be going into details about the stores I like to frequent: CVS, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, and Target. I will break down the coupon policies and talk about reward programs, catalinas, and more.
One more thing, I want to dispel some myths I often hear: coupons are for junk, coupons are for things I don’t use, and that even with using coupons on the name brand items, the store brand items are still cheaper.
Coupons are not just for junk! In fact, I probably get more deals on toiletries and household products than I do food. And let me ask you this: if you were able to get an item for free or close to free, would you give it a chance? I’ve done that and I can’t believe how little I spend on our monthly grocery bill.
I will painfully admit I used to buy all name brand items…..at full retail, without coupons! Before I got into couponing I at least would check the store brand and compare the prices. Now I am buying name brand items and I rarely buy store brand, and I’m getting the stuff cheaper than ever. The key is to wait until something goes on sale, then use the coupon. But don’t worry, I will break it down for you and even the most novice newbie (yes, that’s a bit redundant) will be able to coupon like the best of us (and not spend hours doing it)!
Stay tuned, and feel free to leave questions and comments, whatever is on your mind. I will be more than happy to answer them!